How one-way video interviews have helped Momentum hire faster
- Since Momentum has started making use of one-way video interviews through Wamly, it has saved itself 70% of the time it would’ve spent on hiring.
- One-way video interviews allow for a candidate to record their interview and then send it back to the company to review in their own time.
- Using Wamly, Momentum was able to brand the entire experience – telling potential employees a story of the company’s culture and values.
Since South African insurance company Momentum started making use of one-way video interviews through Wamly, it has completed more than 1000 interviews through it – saving itself more than 70% of the time it would’ve spent on hiring.
This has dramatically reduced the time spent on filling a vacancy.
One-way video interviews allow companies to send several applicants a link who will be able to complete an interview in their own time without an interview panel being present.
Once they’ve completed the interview, the company will be alerted, and the interview panel can then separate go and review and rate candidates through the software, before making a final decision.
Why Momentum started making use of one-way video interviews
Before insurance company Momentum started making use of Wamly’s one-way video interview software, it completed a company-wide review of its recruitment process.
The review found three major themes within the company:
- Many candidates weren’t always sure what Momentum is or what it does. There wasn’t a story or narrative about the company and what it seeks to achieve.
- The recruitment process for candidates wasn’t great with many waiting days to get any response from the company.
- There was a need to digitise the process for record-keeping and efficiency purposes.
After the review, Momentum changed the entire process they used to hire by firstly making use of a technology portal to get all the applications and CVs.
Once the applications were received, and instead of phoning candidates or meeting them on zoom, they started making use of Wamly’s one-way video interview software.
The final candidates who came through that process would then be invited for face-to-face interviews and psychometric testing before making a hire.
Using Wamly, Momentum was able to brand the entire experience – telling potential employees a story of the company’s culture and values and thereby building brand awareness.
Visit www.wamly.io to register for a free Wamly account, or to find out more.