What is the difference between one-way and two-way interviews?
- One-way video interviews such as Wamly has found to save companies as much as 80% of the time they would’ve spent on a typical hire.
- But one way and two-way video interviews come with various advantages and, depending on which situation a hiring manager use them for.
- Two-way video interviews allow for follow up questions, while one-way helps enforce standardization to make better hires.
Companies around the world have started making use of one-way video interview software such as Wamly to save time during the hiring process.
One-way video interviews have been found to save companies as much as 80% of the time they would’ve spent on a typical hire. With it companies are also able to review as many as 30 interviews in one hour.
What is the difference between one-way and two-way video interviews?
- Two-way video interview software simulates a face to face interview whereby the candidates and hiring managers to log in at the same time to conduct the interview. This is known as a synchronous interview. Examples of this kind of software include Zoom and Skype.
- One way interview software is where one roleplayer in the interview is involved in the process at a single time. The technology facilitates the interview by prompting a candidate to respond in a set amount of time, recording it, and allowing the hiring manager to review it in their own time. This is also known as an asynchronous interview.
What are the advantages of one way and two-way video interviews?
One way and two-way video interviews come with various advantages, depending on which situation a hiring manager use them for.
What are the advantages of two-way video interviews?
- Hiring managers get the opportunity to ask probing questions and follow up questions.
- Hiring managers can adjust the questions you ask depending on how the questions go, but this can be a distinct disadvantage as well in terms of hiring bias.
- Candidates have the opportunity to ask the hiring manager questions as well.
What are the advantages of one-way video interviews?
- The candidate and the hiring manager do not have to be in the interview at the same time. This reduces logistical and scheduling issues.
- Reduce hiring bias because all candidates are asked the same questions, and therefore cannot adapt interview to suit one candidate.
- A hiring manager can also review as many as 30 one-way interviews in an hour, around the same time it would’ve taken to complete one two-way interview.
- Because one-way video interviews automatically record a video, it also builds a database of potential employees for future hires.
- One way video interviews are also more convenient, as a hiring manager or panel can review interviews in their own time, instead of being confined to office hours.
More and more companies have started making use of one-way video interviews because of the ease of use, and the amount of time it saves.
Also read: What is one-way video interview software?
It has also been found that candidates find it to be a much more enjoyable hiring experience.
One way video interview software Wamly is already trusted by a number of businesses and has already expanded to more than 12 countries. It is now the fastest-growing one-way video interview software in Africa.
Register for a free Wamly account today or to find out more, by visiting www.wamly.io.