One-way video interview software allows organisations to interview a number of candidates without being present.
- A candidate would be sent a link, complete the interview, and a recording will be sent to the interview panel, who will be able to review it in their own time.
- One-way video interview software has saved small businesses hours in time, cutting down the hiring process from 3 months to 2 weeks.
Unlike two-way interview software such as Zoom, Skype or Google Meets, one-way video interview software such as Wamly allows a candidate to record their interview and then send it back to the company to review their own time.
It allows a company to facilitate the entire interview process without being physically present, thereby saving companies time and reducing the need for a panel to all be present simultaneously.
The typical process for a one-way interview involves:
- The HR team creates a vacancy and receives a number of job applications.
- An HR team creates a digital interview guide with a set of questions and an allocated time limit for each question using one-way video interview software.
- A link is sent to potential candidates, who then complete a one-way video interview without the HR team being present.
- While the candidate completes the questions, the software records the candidate and uploads the video to the cloud.
- Once a candidate has completed their interview, the HR team or panel responsible for hiring is alerted.
- The HR team or panel reviews (by rating) the one-way video interview during their own time when it is convenient and independently from each other.
- The top candidate is either hired, or the top candidates are invited for in-person interviews.
A typical one-way video interview lasts between five and 15 minutes, compared to the hour a panel would typically have spent interviewing candidates out of courtesy.
During one-way video interviews, it is up to the company’s discretion how many questions they would like to ask and how long they would allow a candidate to answer a question.
Also read | The one thing WeBuyCars look out for when hiring
But, the usual one-way video interview has five to eight questions, with 30 seconds to one minute to respond to each question.
One-way video interview software has helped companies cut down their hiring process for a vacancy from 3 months to two weeks.